HHS PROGRAMME: UPDATED MESSAGE 7th AUGUST 2020
The Physic Garden has reopened. Please practice recommended Social distancing while in the garden.
Given the continued public health emergency your Committee has decided that –
- Despite our earlier aspirations, the committee has decided that the Church House meetings scheduled for September, October and November will NOT now take place.
- We are still keeping open the option of a Christmas event in December, so please keep an eye on the website.
- All Visits for the remainder of the year have been CANCELLED.
- To make up for the loss of our normal programme, you can see what you may have missed by checking out the “What We Would Have Seen” section. Further items will shortly be added to this section.
(iii) MEMBERSHIP MATTERS
- In view of the loss of the large majority of Society activity this year, it has been decided that 2020 subscriptions will be carried forward to cover the following year. This means that there will be no membership renewal process for 2021.
(iv) THREE FREE HHS LEAFLETS
- There are (check on the Publications page) quite a number of Society publications that have long been out of print. Three of these, leaflets on Bicycles, Markets & Fairs, and The Biggin are now available as a pdf, for you to read online, or even to print your own copy. Just go to the appropriate individual pages within “Publications” (look under “Leaflets”) and click on the link. Happy reading!
(v) FURTHER UPDATES
- We hope this advice deals clearly with our immediate problems but please, if you can, also keep a regular eye on the Society website.
- You will find occasional extracts from old copies of the Hitchin Journal by clicking the link at the bottom of the Hitchin Journal page. Keep coming back – extracts will change every now and again.
Thank you for your continued support for the Society. We look forward very much to resuming normal activities as soon as we possibly can.
7th August 2020