HHS PROGRAMME: UPDATED MESSAGE 7th OCTOBER 2020
The Physic Garden has reopened. Please practice recommended Social distancing while in the garden.
Given the continued public health emergency your Committee has decided that –
- Despite our earlier aspirations, the committee has decided that all this year’s Church House meetings, including the Christmas event, will NOT now take place.
- All Visits for the remainder of the year have been CANCELLED
- To make up for the loss of our normal programme, you can see what you may have missed by checking out the “What We Would Have Seen” section. The last two items covering the Clofeshoe and Walsworth House events, have now been completed.
(iii) MEMBERSHIP MATTERS
- In view of the loss of the large majority of Society activity this year, it has been decided that 2020 subscriptions will be carried forward to cover the following year. This means that there will be no membership renewal process for 2021.
(iv) THREE FREE HHS LEAFLETS
- There are (check on the Publications page) quite a number of Society publications that have long been out of print. Three of these, leaflets on Bicycles, Markets & Fairs, and The Biggin are now available as a pdf, for you to read online, or even to print your own copy. Just go to the appropriate individual pages within “Publications” (look under “Leaflets”) and click on the link. Happy reading!
(v) FURTHER UPDATES
- We hope this advice deals clearly with our immediate problems but please, if you can, also keep a regular eye on the Society website. The Programme Secretary’s review of the year can be read here.
- We hope you have enjoyed reading the extracts from back numbers of the Society’s Hitchin Journal. You will soon be able to read many more gems from past copies of the Journal by buying a copy of our latest publication: HITCHIN – Glimpses of the Past. Details to follow.
Thank you for your continued support for the Society. We look forward very much to resuming normal activities as soon as we possibly can.
7th October 2020