The 45th Annual General Meeting of the Society was held at 8pm on Thursday 24 March at Church House. Draft minutes will be circulated with the 2023 AGM papers, but the following highlights will be of interest:
- Bob Williams was reappointed as our President. We are very grateful for the active support that Bob gives to the Society and to its committee.
- Terry Knight was presented with the Hine award for his long service to Hitchin and to the Society.
- A new Chairman, Dr Barry Arends, was appointed by the meeting. Secretary Pam Skeggs and Treasurer John Skeeles were reappointed for the forthcoming year.
- New committee members Nora Evans, Trevor Groom and Tony Read were elected to the committee. Nora and Tony will be responsible for sales of our many publications, and Trevor has taken over as Membership Secretary.
- Nicky Nicoll, one of our hard-working volunteer gardeners, gave an illustrated talk on the Physic Garden Herbarium.