HITCHIN HISTORICAL SOCIETY SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT
The following statement has been agreed by the committee at its meeting on 24 May 2023.
- The Society is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people under 18 and adults at risk, and to ensuring their wellbeing.
- We respect the personal dignity and rights of children, young people, and adults at risk,
- We recognise that domestic abuse affects children, young people, and adults. Domestic abuse is unacceptable.
- We will report any abuse of children, young people, or adults at risk that we discover or suspect and where an allegation suggests that a criminal offence may have been committed, the police will be contacted as a matter of urgency.
- We recognise that Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children Partnership has responsibility for investigating allegations or suspicions of abuse where there are concerns about a child or young person, and that Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board do so for adults at risk.
- The society will co‐operate fully with the statutory agencies in every situation and will not conduct its own investigations.
Although safeguarding is the responsibility of everyone here at the Hitchin Historical Society, please contact the chairman, secretary or any member of the committee directly should there be any safeguarding concerns or email or
Contacts to Report a safeguarding Concern in Hertfordshire:
24hr Call Lines: